Picasso Project Teacher Based Grant Application
CLOSED FOR 2020/2021 School Year
Click here to see a list of the 2021 Picasso Project Grant Recipients.
PCCY has significantly altered the Teacher-Based Grant model for 2021, to move all project activities online, and make the application and implementation process as easy and accessible as possible.
For 2021, The Picasso Project Teacher-Based Grant will provide $2,500 each to approximately 15 Philadelphia public schools to bring professional teaching artists into online classrooms to facilitate workshops in multiple artistic mediums (art, music, dance, theater, poetry and digital media), integrating arts-based learning with the classroom curriculum. Additionally, grant recipients engage in advocacy activities to support equitable arts education funding for Philadelphia’s students.
This year’s grant application has been shortened considerably, and should require less than 1 hour to complete. In the application, teachers will select their top choices from a list of potential teaching artists, and provide short responses detailing how they would integrate this visiting artist and arts-based content into their online classroom learning. Picasso Project’s grant review committee will use the evaluation rubric to select the highest scoring applications in order to pair teaching artists with approximately schools.
All project activities will take place in the online classroom setting, using only everyday materials readily available in students’ homes. Teaching artists will lead approximately 10 workshop sessions over the grant period (Jan 15-June 11, 2021).
- Applications must be completed by a teacher from a Philadelphia public school (District–managed and charter).
- Applicant schools may have no more than 2 full-time arts teachers on staff, including teachers in art, music, dance, drama, and digital media (not including part-time/itinerant teachers).
- Schools must have an Economically Disadvantaged Rate of 50% or higher, according to PA Dept. of Education Data – click here for list.
- Schools that have received a Picasso Project Grant for 3 consecutive years must skip a year before applying again.
- Grant application available: Check back in fall of 2021
- Grant submission deadline: Check back in fall of 2021
- Grant recipients notified: Check back in fall of 2021
- Grant period ends: June 11, 2021
- Online application will be live from: Check back in fall of 2021.