Give Kids a Smile Week
March 29 to April 2, 2021
Does your child need dental care but you don’t have coverage? Call PCCY at 215-563-5848 x21 starting on Monday, March 15 and we will make an appointment for your kids during Smile Week at a nearby dentist. Download the flyer (in ENGLISH & SPANISH) for more information and to spread the word.
Volunteer to Give Kids a Smile!
Please volunteer to:
- Make dental appointments via our remote call center starting Monday, March 15th. We offer a brief training session, and volunteer shifts run about four hours with shorter lunchtime shifts available. Click here to volunteer from the comfort of your own home.
- Provide in-person language interpretation in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese during Smile Week, March 29th through April 2nd at selected dental offices. Click here to volunteer as an interpreter.
- Provide dental screenings for uninsured or under-insured children (for dental offices).
- Contact Beth Dougherty for questions at 215-563-5848 x21 or gksd at pccy dot org.
About Give Kids A Smile Week
Give Kids a Smile Week connects dentists with children 1-18 years old, especially children who are under-insured, have no dental insurance, or haven’t been to the dentist in over one year. Dentists in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties will open their offices free of charge to children to have their mouths examined, teeth cleaned, and in some cases, cavities filled, and teeth pulled.
PCCY has connected more than 3,000 children to free dental care since 2003 thanks to the generosity of dental practices, volunteers, donors, and partners who spread the word!
Looking for low-cost dental care after Smile Week?
- The PCCY Healthline is always available to work with parents to enroll children in coverage so they have access to dental care when they need it and a “dental home” to return to. The Healthline number is 215-563-5848 x17.
- There a community health centers throughout Philadelphia that provide care for everyone regardless of insurance or citizenship status. To locate a community health center near you, refer to this map.