Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someonePrint this page

Call Your Elected Officials

You can call your local members of the Pennsylvania State Legislature and tell them to make children their top priority.  People who live in Philadelphia can also call their local member of City Council and tell them to support expanding opportunities to the city’s children.

Don’t know who they are? Look up your legislator here..

Send a Letter to Your Elected Officials

Writing a letter directly to your elected official is a great way to let them know that you demand that they commit to helping children as a condition of your vote.  You can write personal letter or you can sign on to a letter drafted by PCCY on a variety of topics.

Find our current calls to action.

Testify at School Board Meetings and Public Hearings

Giving testimony is a powerful way to influence policies that affect our children. It allows public officials to listen to concerns they may not be aware of directly from the community. Most public officials appreciate and welcome the insights of parents and the community on issues that are important.

Tips for giving public testimony

Write to Your Local Newspaper

Writing a letter or op-ed to your local newspaper is a great way to raise awareness about children’s issues.  They are read by lawmakers, action groups and citizens and can help play a role in shaping legislation to benefit our region’s children.

Find more information on how to submit letters and op-eds to your local newspaper.

Tell Us What You Can Do

Can you host a meeting at your house?  Can you spend a half-day or a full-day helping PCCY?  Can you join us in Harrisburg or on a legislative visit in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia counties?  Only have have a few minutes a day – you can still help!  Can you do more?

Click here to let us know what you can do for kids.