Picasso Project grant application process is now closed.
Awardees will be announced in December 2017.
Picasso Project grants provide up to $5000 to support innovative arts projects (visual art, music, dance, theater, and digital media) in under-resourced Philadelphia public schools. The grants support a school’s need to boost arts offerings, integrate arts into other core subjects, and use arts to improve school climate. The grant is an opportunity for schools to partner with artists and community organizations. Additionally, grant recipients engage in advocacy activities to support equitable arts education funding for Philadelphia’s students.
- Application should be filled out by staff from Philadelphia public schools (District–managed and charter)
- Applicant schools may have no more than a TOTAL of 2 full time arts teachers on staff, including teachers in art, music, drama, dance and digital media (not including part-time/itinerant teachers).
- School must have an Economically Disadvantaged Rate of 60% or higher, according to PA Dept. of Education data (click here for list).
- Schools that have received a Picasso Project Grant for 3 consecutive years must skip a year before applying again.
- A school or community representative for each proposed project must attend a Grant Info Conference Call before applying (click a link below to register for a conference call):
Picasso Project Grant Conference Calls: Next round will be in September 2018.
- Grant application available: Next round will be in September 2018
- Grant submission deadline: Next round will be in November 2018
- Announcement of 2017/2018 Grantees: December 2017
- 2017/2018 Grants Awarded: January 2018
- Funds must be spent by: End of June 2018
Grant Application Materials
- Online Application: CLOSED for 2017/2018 School Year
- Letter of Intent Sample for Artists, Arts Organizations and Community Partners
- Evaluation Form – This rubric will be used by the Grant Review Committee to evaluate applications
- 2017 Picasso Project Year In Review
- 2017 Picasso Project Descriptions
- List of 2003-2017 Projects
- Art Speaks – Free program for 4th graders to visit 5 of Philadelphia’s cultural institutions.
- STAMP – Free access pass for teens aged 14-19 to visit 12 of Philadelphia’s top museums & attractions.
- Search for Artists, Arts & Community Organizations in your neighborhood
Liability, Clearances, and Insurance Certificates
These are required documents by the School District of Philadelphia
- Professional Liability Insurance and Sample Certificate
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- PA Criminal History Clearance
- Affidavit for Unavailable Clearances
- List of Pre-Approved SDP Field Trip Locations